ss_blog_claim=6b430a2fa1c9ba618e9157b9e10a0e2c

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

(7) Comments

Weight loss : Lessons from success stories of other people


Another success story that can give us lessons that obesity can be defeated. Consider the following story that I got from the June 2010 issue of Prevention magazine.

At age of 30, I became the principal of an elementary school and went back to graduate school -all while raising my three children. I was too busy to cook, so we ate out for every meal. When I was stressed, I grabbed any sweet I could find. Soon the scale edged upward. I enrolled in diet and exercise programs, but nothing stuck. Instead of slimming down, I gained 70 pounds in 6 ½ years.

Wow, I believe this to be a nightmare for her and it makes sense if then this change makes her think that she needs to act quickly to resolve this problem before it gets worse. We have to realize that the food is usually served by some restaurants, especially fast food restaurants, usually a high-calorie foods. So moderate exercise only will not help you lose weight.

On January 1, 2007, my mother, aunt, and I were sitting around talking about how fat and tired we all were, and I couldn't stand it anymore. I said: "We can beat this. Let's start ag roup. We'll meet one a week, weigh in, and talk about what we've done to be healthy."

We started convening every Sunday at my mother's house. It was like our own private Weight Watchers meeting. We'd each get on the scale, then discuss strategies to help us meet our goals: write in a journal to track food intake, increase our fiber by adding beans to our salads, or snack on fruit instead of chocolate to satisfy a sweet tooth. It was such great motivation. We screamed and gave each other high fives when we met our exercise or weight loss goals for the week.

She has done the right thing. She was successful in realizing the simple programs/tips that will be given by all nutritionists. Simple yet powerful, especially if done continually until it becomes a healthy new lifestyle.

Motivation is the most often thing that make the persons who are trying to lose weight to stop or give up. But she made it through by forming a group whose members have the same ultimate goal. By forming a group, each member can give and receive a spirit that will make them excited again. Forming a group is the best way to maintain motivation. Try it and I'm sure you'll make it too

I lost 40 pounds the first 6 month; by the time I returned to school in the fall, I'd shed 55 pounds-my students didn't even recognize me! I've maintained my weight for more than 2 years, and people stop me all the time to ask how I did it. My answer: I'm still doing it. Losing weight and staying healthy is a life long journey.

Finally, happy ending. As she said: “Losing weight and staying healthy is a life long journey.” All the benefits from this struggle can only be found if you can keep it. In other words make it your new lifestyle.
| More

7 Responses to "Weight loss : Lessons from success stories of other people"
starluvhie said :
July 1, 2010 at 5:24 PM
i want my weight quick lose .. :(
July 13, 2010 at 11:12 AM
If I even feel like a fat chance.
healthy live said :
July 15, 2010 at 10:14 PM
i have been succes for weight loss..
owh...lucy one
October 7, 2010 at 4:03 AM
Great post! it really useful for me. Thanks for the nice info..
hasan said :
October 22, 2010 at 10:46 AM
thanks for informations,.
kakashi said :
December 12, 2010 at 10:45 AM
i want my weight loss quickly.... thanks for sharing
January 26, 2011 at 1:37 PM
This story is very inspiring. The thing is self discipline and believing that we can achieve it.

The lack of believing is the key of many failures. I hope many people get inspired by this.

Success for your blog.

Regards

Tresna

Post a Comment

This is a dofollow blog, but all comments will be moderated. So Be honest and stay on topic.

Powered by WebRing.